- Blackhall Bowling Club offers coaching to all of its new and established members
- We have club coaches who will be happy to talk to anyone interested in getting some lessons or advice
- Coaching takes place every Saturday morning weather permitting between 10am and 12.30pm and you are more than welcome to come along without making an appointment.
- Coaching is essential for beginners and can be very useful for established bowlers.
- Coaching is a good environment for beginners to learn the basics of the game and stop bad habits forming which can become difficult to rectify later.
- Our coaching team will introduce new members to the sport and seek to improve their standard to a level where they feel comfortable playing in our Monday Hat Night with other members.
- Members will be coached on how to use the equipment in a bowls match as well as the laws and etiquette of the game.
Do I need Coaching?
- “I always play a bit heavy”
- “I always play a bit narrow on that hand. I think it’s the bowls I play with”
- “I can’t seem to throw the jack to the length my skip asks for”
- “I hate it when they bring the mat right up. I just go to pieces”
- “I’ll be fine after the first couple of weeks of the season. It takes me time to adjust from indoors”
- “I was doing fine until it started raining – I just can’t seem to play in the rain”
Do you recognise the comments above?
Have you heard them or comments like them?
Have you ever found yourself saying one of them?
Ask yourself if you would like a little help to manage these situations. Come along to the club on a Saturday morning between 10am and 12pm and see if we can help!!!!
Dress code is totally informal for coaching sessions although we do ask all attendees to wear bowling shoes if possible. Bowling shoes can be borrowed from the club.